Monday 17 February 2014

Monday morning faffing

Overcast today.
Church bells ringing in something -
First day of half term?

Paul is in training;
Prue off to collect her car;
Sarah to find arse.

Sans arse, one finds it
Difficult to get through life.
(And legs can drop off.)

Not sure where it went;
It was here all Janu'ry.
Then it buggered off!

No get up and go.
I have a round Tu-It, but
It isn't the same.

(Those things raise a smile
But don't have any effect
On motivation.)

Need to Get Stuff Done.
The sticks and carrots don't work;
It's arse or nothing.



[Note: for anyone boggling at the above, it stems from the phrase "I can't be arsed," that is, "I can't be bothered".  This led on to "I've lost my arse" as a description for the feeling of ennui that saps the desire to do anything, and things just went downhill from there.]

3 comments:

  1. First, collect your legs.
    Without these you are buggered.
    Or perhaps you're not! :D

    Exercise can give
    energy, get up and go!
    You need to try it.

    If I sit around
    and never go for a walk
    I feel like a slug

    Not just any slug!
    A dry one...and moribund.
    A bad way to feel.

    I now have my car
    Reunited at long last.
    Fretting is over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I walked today,
    And got my new boots muddy!
    Still, it's what they're for.

    Good job they were waxed!
    The water beads right off them.
    And they're very warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good walk! :D
    We need boots that repel mud.
    Not yet invented :(

    ReplyDelete